Saturday, June 22, 2019

Joys of Summer Hop

Welcome to the Cuddly Cute Designs Joys of Summer Hop! I hope to give you a little inspiration for turning some of your summer memories into fun and crafty treasures.
You’ve reached DT Donette at donettescraps@gmail.com and The Cuddling Corner for Cuddly Cute Design crafts be Donette on Facebook.

I have been playing around with different ways to distress the edges of my pieces. Through my projects today, I will be sharing those with you. I will do a tutorial about them on my blog in the NEAR future. I will announce when it is there on my Facebook page The Cuddling Corner for Cuddly Cute Design crafts be Donette and the Cuddly Cute Designs Facebook page so you will know when to check back in.

Even though I have a lot of focus on my technique, it wouldn't be possible without the files from Cuddly Cute Designs, to begin with.

Today I’m sharing a few of my ideas of summer joy with some pieces using Tip Toe Through the Tulips file from Cuddly Cute Designs.
I used Prismacolor pencils to add details to my pieces.


The pencils allowed me to outline the letters so they looked like they have been inked only on the edges and not the whole piece. It was also easier to get in the tiny spaces that I never could get to with ink pads. (Yes, I lost the letter "I". Always a problem.)


The cheeks were colored with chalk. The detail turned out a lot better than I imagined I ever could do. Look at those highlights! 


I always had wanted to add a dark thin line around the irises in the eyes. The pencils allowed that to be done too.


Shadows and highlights on the wood fence and flowers created dimension. I wanted the fence to be a bit rough looks so I didn't do it as neat as I normally would have. I think it gave character to the fence. The flowers have 4 colors of pencils to make their detail.


I was able to create highlights on my insects as well.


The next project I have to share today is some pieces made from the Mermaid Cuties file from Cuddly Cute Designs.

Again, I used Prismacolor pencils to get the desired effect that I wanted. I was able to get the hair to look like different strands of hair with highlights and shadows as well. I made scales on their tales too. 



The next project is some cards made from the Kawaii Unicorns file from Cuddly Cute Designs. I used Prismacolor pencils and Stickles on these.


I have two layouts that I created. Both are in honor of my two oldest sons. 
This layout is using the PNGs using Print then Cute from the file Mechanic Cuties from Cuddly Cute Designs. 
I printed the boys (one of them is flipped so they look different), toolbox, and car. The tires I made by using one of the tires from the file and welded several together to get a border.
Why is it summer? He just graduated and it is summer. 
A lot of graduations happen at the beginning of summer.


The second layout is a mixture of two files from Cuddly Cute Designs. I used parts of Watching the Fireworks and Military Bears. The banners are from triangles and letters from Design Space. I inked the edges and used some Prismacolor pencils and Stickles as well.



Thank you for hopping with us! Don’t forget to “Like” and leave a comment on this post and all the other Hop Stops in order to be eligible for the Cuddly Cute Designs’ Grand Prize! If we get at least 50 comments on the CCD Fan page, then we will have TWO lucky Grand Prize winners!

Your next stop (on Facebook) is with DT Sarah at Peppermint Cactus but here is a complete list of all the Joys of Summer Hop stops:

Cuddly Cute Designs: Cuddly Cute Designs
DT Kathryn: F3 Flamingos & Flipflops Forever
DT Samantha: Scrapadoodles Scrapbooking & Supply
DT Donette: The Cuddling Corner for Cuddly Cute Design crafts by Donette
DT Sarah: Peppermint Cactus
DT Jenilee: Cozy Home Treasures
DT Debbie: My Scrapbook Garden
Cuddly Cute Designs: Cuddly Cute Designs

No comments: