Monday, October 26, 2015

Santa's Village Advent Calendar by SVG







Santa's Village Advent Calendar by SVGcuts http://svgcuts.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=377 looks scary to put together but it really isn't. Mary, of SVGcuts, provides videos of how to put her products together. Here is the link to the instructional video for this project.
http://youtu.be/fwVk-ZsigdE
You can choose your own paper. I used paper from DCWV the Christmas stack, DCWV Holiday Collection The Christmas Stack, DCWV The Glimmer Stack and solid cardstock from stash. I used Xyron 150 permanent adhesive on both of the sides of the numbers. First I put it on the top side (side showing) and dipped each one into Doodlebug Design Inc. Sugar Coating blue Jean glitter. Once that was done I put them through the Xyron again to put adhesive on the back of each number and put them in the appropriate spot on the calendar. You can add any embellishments you want. 
Each numbered door has a compartment in which you can put treats and toys in for loved ones to get each day. The cut file comes with a shopping guide of sizes that you can print and take shopping with you to know what to buy. 
I have considered cutting other files of say elves, nativity, Star Wars, etc to add to this calendar. I hope to make some to sell. Let me know in the comments if you are interested in buying any. 
I can not wait to fill this calendar and start using it (note: I can wait for the cold, snow, and ice.) 

No comments: